A Different Experience at Spectrum

Hello Everyone! Happy Monday!

First of all, Happy Birthday to my Mum! For without her, I wouldn't be even writing this review (as we celebrated her birthday at Spectrum ha!)
Happy Birthday Mum!
Spectrum Buffet at Raffles and Fairmont MakatiI've been hearing great things about Spectrum so my sisters decided to have our mum's pre birthday celebration at Spectrum plus points for the free parking!
Which is rare for hotels.I think you can get valet for free as well but we like parking on our own!

I'm not truly amazed with its lobby. It was just okay, somehow Shangri-la, though is in need of a major face lift, it still has that grandeur vibe as to Raffles is just more crisp and clean like dogs would never be near the white marble and walls of the area. I do like the writer's bar though, it gives you that tea feel, like you would be having tea at an elites saloon. Those were the only places we passed before heading to Spectrum. Spectrum has a nice area too, as they claim to be an "interactive culinary theatre" they did not disappoint, Chefs, sommeliers, servers all (no, not dancing and singing!) circling around tables offering food like foie gras or pizza and refilling glasses with champagne and water, asking how is the food, it was nice. Somehow didn't feel like there was a lot of people moving around us. The service was great! Kudos to you Spectrum servers, I always have a special place in my heart for genuine smiles from servers and the feel that they were really enjoying what they do. Message received. Me and the family were enjoying the experience. So let me share some food with you!

Dessert:

People close to us knows that we somehow start with dessert first which is funny cause the guy that takes out our plates and utensils took all of my knives and forks and left the dessert spoons. I guess he thought I was done? or maybe just there for the dessert!? A lot of hits and misses were at the Pastry but one thing I can assure you is that selections were abundant and they look so appealing great for your instagram photo ops!

Surprisingly, the entremets fell a little bit flat for me. the mousses, fillings were tasty but the crumb on the cake and chocolate seemed that it lacked sweetness and the chocolate seemed a little grainy. I love dark chocolate but I'm guessing the chocolate used wasn't that of high in caliber. Tiramisu lacked some espresso and the soaked ladyfingers at the bottom seemed a little bit dry? Wasn't one of my favorite plates I'm sorry but It looks really good right?





 Forgot the names of these but the sort of tart was good. I'm not a fan of green tea, however I kinda liked this but my family didn't like it as for them the tea was too strong for them. Again, lacked sweetness.





This was my sisters friends plate. The Cookie cheesecake and the Mango Cheesecake were really nice. (photo from Jec Calalang)
This was a big hit from all of us! The Marscarpone with honey and pistachios. Light and just enough sweet to make you smile! Simple and delicious! My kind of treat!

(photo from Jec Calalang)


The Honey Station is one of the great attractions and most photographed placed in the buffet area. Also everything there was great! The chocolate cups with honey comb is awesome also the madeleines with your choice of honey (mine french vanilla) goes perfect with your tea at the end.



 This is also one of my favorites also our tables favorite, the Salted Caramel Panna Cotta. A lot of restaurants get this wrong, but this is creamy, no trace of gelatin! I myself love making Panna Cotta, this one really hits home for me.

(Photo from Jec Calalang)
(Photo from Jec Calalang)







The Ice creams and Sorbets are also a big hit! My faves were the White Chocolate Raspberry, English Toffee and Chunky Brownie. It is a must! I went back three times for the Ice Cream!

 There were a lot more but I was too busy tasting things and eating that I totally forgot to take pictures!

For the Food, this was a big realization as I couldn't eat a lot like before so I only had a few  but let me show you some of my favorites:



 Cold Cuts and The Cheeses had a lot of Selection and quite tasty. There were some that I just couldn't bare like the old moldy sock that's been in the wardrobe and got soaked by the rain! (lol) but that's just me I'm sure a lot would appreciate those cured meats.

 My lame plate of meat. I did enjoy the beef kebab however I found the Ribeye quite dry and bland. only the gravy rejuvenated it! My mum couldn't eat it (you know denture problems haha)I guess it was a bad batch but hope they will improve the quality next time!





 Seafood. Not much to say about it. Was okay.




 Sushi was delish! Had this crunchy crab roll and crispy salmon skin roll. Salmon was great too! Would've gone for more but it was rice and I had to get more food!



 A small dish of foie gras didnt hurt anybody. But the goose who sacrificed his liver for it. It was creamy and light, Seasoned well. After telling the story to my family how foie gras is made they vowed never to go near it again. Haha. I would not eat it all the time. But this made an exception. Its was really good!


 Mum got a complimentary mini cake for her birthday which was one of the best I've tasted that involved chocolate! (yes I took a bite, mum could not finish it, heck she shouldn't have been eating it cause she's diabetic!) we had some tea and threw in the towel. the white table napkin to be exact.

This dining experience truly deserves the hashtag FOOD COMA. My sister nez couldnt think or utter words when we were done. After an hour though all of us were munching on fries and popcorn at the cinema but still what a Lunch!

All in all though their were some hiccups, we still managed to smile and have a good time.

However I give the food 3 stars and the Service 5 stars!
I must be honest that for 2,700++ I might not be eating there again. As it goes with Spirals, I never went back just because worth of Money plus the eating pace I have now just wont give me my money its worth. For me its just a one time deal yet if they totally have something completely new I might just give them a visit. However, I do recommend having High Tea at Raffles. The Tea Selection is great!
Have you eaten at Raffles? Whats your experience? Was there something I missed out? Let me know!

Raffles and Fairmont Makati
Spectrum:

Fairmont Makati Hotel, 1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Near San Lorenzo, Makati City

Ala carte is from 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Breakfast Buffet    Php 1,450 net per person6:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Monday to Friday
6:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Weekends and Holidays
Lunch Buffet    Php 1,675 net per person11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. daily
Dinner Buffet    Php 1,995 net per person6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. daily
Luxe Sunday Brunch
12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. daily Php 2,777 net per person
Please call our Restaurant Reservations at +63 2 555 9888 ext. 6840 or email dining.makati@fairmont.com.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.