Searching for Food in the South! (BF Homes Paranaque) Part 1 of 7

Hello everyone!

I cannot describe how full I am and i can still get a meat sweat every now and then for tackling 3 establishments in 3-4 hours! But this is all for you guys so hope you find this post and the others that will come not necessarily in succession, entertaining, quite gluttonous but in someway helpful. For almost 18 years of my life I've been wrapped around the busy streets of quezon city where i could find my fleur de lys cakes, merced snowballs and morning tapsilogs from goodah. Gaining through highschool and college, you couldn't embrace a good night out without ending it at mister kabab. the farthest i have ever been on my gastro adventures that are sudden was in the city of Makati where in I have tons to go depending how much I have in my wallet. But never did I realize that I was missing a whole world of food down in the south! Thanks to one of my readers (who is humble enough to tell me: "please dont give me any credit if you do so, I just want to know if there are good eats down here and hope you can help out a fellow foodie of yours") so as requested i will keep your identity hidden but this series of BF Homes/Aguirre St. Restaurant reviews is dedicated to you!

Its like a never ending street full of restaurants. Every nook and cranny, garage or parking lot, you're rest assured everything that journeys along that road is food related. Or maybe there are spas here and there, but dominantly restaurants. 

So if you are wondering how am I gonna pick which is which that'll be on this blog. Well let me set it straight. I know, no matter how many parts I do for this BF Homes segment I wont be able to tackle everything so heres what i put into consideration.

I ask my friends on facebook and on twitter so if you want to help please do! You, the readers which i am very grateful email me and suggest restaurants you want to be reviewed! So I gather all of what you have to say and suggest (for this post i got 30++ responses! So thanks!) and make a poll and list it down by popular suggestion and raid that restaurant!! Trying to eat at every restaurant as I can. We only managed to eat at three and one restaurant we were able to get something for to go. So Part 1 is consisted of:

Larcy's Cupcakery
Mulligan's Irish Gastro Pub
Bono Tei
And for our to go: The Burgery


 It was not intentional that we headed to Larcy's first, it was the most suggested place. But if you know me by now, you should know that in every meal, i always go for dessert first! A lot of people are aware that i am not fond of any cupcakery in the metro so I am glad to say that today, Larcy's is now my favorite cupcakery in Metro Manila! No, they did not pay me to say this or promote their sinfully delicious rays of sunshines and moistness mists of chocoloate goodness cupcakes! I am truly, a big fan. Figuratively and literally.

The place gives off a vibe of a californian cupcake place, with its bel-air-ish choice of minimal greenery and white crisp walls and play on colorful colors. Vibrant, yet so chic (am I starting a fashion blog here!!?!?)  best to say, you wont leave the place without taking a selfie. 










Loving the treated chairs, very class. Again if i go on i might just starta fashion blog!

So cupcakes!!! These are our favorites!:

Banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting and Dark Chocolate Valrhona Chocolate ( this might not be what they are called but i know you will get it!)

The banana cupcake ( with the silver liner) was moist and not too banana in your face for me. I loved it! Wish it had some nuts though! The peanut butter buttercream was delicious! You might think its a lot of frosting but its light and not to overpowering! This was really a well executed cupcake.

The dark chocolate had a slight over crumble, but then was surprisingly moist. I hate cupcakes that make have a hint of dryness when it goes down your throat and this does not have that. Again the icing was great. I love a good chocolate cupcake!

The toblerone cheesecake cupcake was a favorite. The creamy texture of the cheesecake over the crust that had that wholesomeness of toblerone (did i find a bit of nougat in the crust??) i wish they had a whole 10inch round of this. Similar to Calea's cheesecake in terms of texture and creaminess. Simply beautiful.
Salted Caramel Cupcake. Was a favorite of mine. Some can go overboard with the saltiness but this cupcake is geniusly on top of a good chocolate cupcake surrounded by a wall of chocolate buttercream. Who could go wrong with caramel and chocolate!?! Happy faces we had and a great way to start exploring aguirre.



We ended taking home some for the others and ferrero and kitkat finally emerged in the cake case! Ferrero was good. Just imagine eating a ferrero rocher! The kitkat seemed confusing! It also tasted like ferrero/nutella!
 Cupcakes range from 65-80 pesos. Worth every peso.

Next stop was Mulligans.


In advance, i apologize for the crappy pictures. The place was dim, and i have no idea how to adjust the settings of a camera for low light places.







The place was a fine place, like a genuine pub you'll find in europe. With wood furniture, tv's to watch sports and great people enjoying a pint. It nearly resembled a dublin pub if it had locals playin music! We sat down, checked the menu. Of course we had to have a glass of


Guiness. Cold great porter with its ruby color and signature froth. This is the real stuff. Thank you Arthur Guinness for this heavenly barley! As its slogan goes, Guinness is good for you. Preach on that.

So we had to have the best sellers. It was just right. 
Fish and chips were nicely done. Crispy on the outside, well seasoned fish and moist in the inside. Paired with your tartar sauce and good old vinegar. Remember folks, in eating british or irish dishes like these, its a slap on the face to ask for ketchup! Just like a good hotdog in America. ketchup is.. Frowned upon! Haha! This is good for sharing! Obviously you can see how big it is!
Wish they had sausage and chips and scraps! Maybe? In the future? That will really hit home!

Chicken Tikka Masala was divine! With a papadom and pita bread! I loved every bit of it! The rice with shallots covered in the saucy gravy of the masala, put a dash of the chutney and its a party in your mouth! I recommed this if you are into indian food.

Heads up though, the food takes quite a while, we waited around 20 minutes, but its worth it! I guarantee!

Again another great place to hang out, have a pint and while watching the ateneo vs. ust game on the telly. 

Allot around 500 pesos per person. Food is good for sharing.

I will definitely return to this place.





Before going to our last stop at Bono Tei, we ordered burgers from The Burgery. Its a new place but with alot of promise 


heres the burgers we ordered.

                                
  This one the fat tony. More of their plain burgers. The patty packs quite a flavor. Juicy, meaty, you will know its 100% beef. I love it.



Big Al is a hickory bbq burger. I wish it had more sweetness and smokiness to it. All in all it was okay.

   Machine Gun, in this pic, was not given any justice but it was fabulous! Bacon, mushrooms, cheese and a delicious patty on an oatmeal bun! Aah, i want more! Cant help singing Titanium in my head while eating this! Try it, and I bet you'll be singing the same tune! 

Really affordable burgers, check out the menu i posted!

I was having meat sweats when we headed to Bono Tei. This wasnt on the list but my sister saw the "beef cubes" on a tarpaulin so she wanted to have some.

Sadly, we had to seat outside where all the people who seemed to be on dates or with family, hence the dark place lighted only with lanterns, very poor lighting that the place we were seated we couldnt even read our menu. We only had the wagyu cubes and salmon sashimi. I TRIED to take photo. But salmon looked like a blob, and the cubes looked like a shadow. So no photos. I'll show you though the wagyu, just to prove we ate there. Well, sorta prove!

See how bad it is.

But it was delicious. I have had these more melt in your mouth. But i gotta hand it to them, they were very tasty. Plus points for thre turned veggies and corn! Lots and lots of corn!

For 2 people best to allot 800-1000 pesos each specially if you are eating wagyu.


Going home was an hour drive back to quezon city, and boy, meat sweats were still dropping (words of the day: meat sweats, creaminess and loved it!) 

And that concluded my Part 1 visit! Have you guys tried these restaurants? What were your favorites? Let me know! I have so much more to eat at there so best to know i will be back soon! So far so good so I hope you enjoyed this entry! Till the next visit! What restaurants should i visit next? Suggest and leave me a message may it be in a comment, email or tweet! Have a happy week guys! More to come! X

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.