For Pauline (Salted Egg Yolk Pasta)

July 11, 2017


I have finally shook the flu and cough away and I am definitely settling in the monsoon season. Though at times it leaves the day humid, most of the times though it has its unexpected charm of letting you feel calm and relaxed despite the horrific traffic along the metro.

One insta-story ago I decided to make pasta from scratch. not just boiling it, but actually making it.


It felt so relaxing despite the busy day. I remember making it in college and I hated it! But that day it was a breeze. I just followed Mario Batali's Pasta Dough Recipe I learned that for me, when I boil my pasta depending on the shape (bow, spiral or linguine) it'll take 12 mins to get it al dente, any pasta thats thicker (like a gnocchi shape or sea shell) would take longer.
Tip: as this is also in the recipe, it will also specify, that do not skip on the resting time for this dough as it will help the dough relax and it will make it easier to shape. Without resting, the dough will be too stiff/tight and will make it impossible to manipulate!







So with all this pasta, there was only one thing to do.. and thats make dinner!


But with no chicken nor beef and a can of kidney beans accumulating dust on the pantry i had no idea what to do...
So i searched the fridge...
And searched....
And there glistened a red eggshell...
and my Salted egg pasta recipe was born!

Its super easy and wont hurt anyones pocket!

Ingredients:
150g Pasta
1 1/2 Salted Egg Yolks
200ml Heavy Cream
1/4 Knorr Cube
50g Butter
Parmesan Cheese
Procedure:
Boil Pasta. once al dente set aside.

In a saucepan, melt the butter and egg yolks together

  

Once the egg yolks are melted add the heavy cream. Once the cream is mixed with the butter and egg yolks, add the chicken knorr cube (bouillon cube/ stock cube)

 Mix the stock cube until it has fully blended in the sauce.

All you need to do now is add the Pasta.

Mix thoroughly until every last inch of Pasta is covered with sauce.

Add the cheese (as generous as you want. this is also optional but I find parmesan cheese compliments the salted egg very well.)

Serve Immediately. This recipe serves 2-3 people (or 1. wink wink!)


Thats it! Simple, flavourful and something so trendy in asia now you wont like to miss!
let me know if it turns out great!

if you have any questions guys you can email me at info@foodfulglory.com

Seems this dish will be on the households dinner for a week from all the pasta i made with only 3 1/2 cups of flour! 

x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.