Chocolate Cupcake for the Chocoholic!

November 17, 2014

Hello good friends!!

I had a lot of requests regarding cupcake recipes since the only cupcake recipe I've ever posted was my rainbow cupcake. You can check it out here... http://www.foodfulglory.com/2012/12/rainbow-cupcakes.html

One thing I always seem to bake is a good Chocolate cupcake. its the most sought out cupcake from me and I'm willing to share it to you!

I developed this recipe back in 2010 with a little help from a few cookbooks I have and a book I had from my high school.

The secret (which isn't really a secret) to the mix is a soured milk or buttermilk (since you cant get sour milk here in the Philippines) and adding chocolate chips to the batter to give it a more rich and indulgent flavor. Say goodbye to your crumbly, crusty and dry cupcake! This recipe is a no brainer!

So you will need:



Dry Ingredients:
350 All Purpose Flour
370g White Sugar
1teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
60g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Wet Ingredients:
100g chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1cup coffee (cooled)
1/2 cup of buttermilk (or milk with a 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar)
110g vegetable oil
110g butter (melted then cooled)
3 whole large eggs


Preheat oven to 160 C
Line two 12pc Cupcake trays. This recipe makes 24 Cupcakes.


Sift all the dry ingredients to together.

this helps to avoid a lumpy batter and adds air to the mix. I find it that sifting the dry ingredients for this recipe makes it a better cupcake so sift away my compadres!












Once all dry ingredients are sifted, give them a good whisk so all of the ingredients are distributed equally. Set aside a minute and gather all your wet ingredients.






In another bowl combine all your wet ingredients and give it a good mix till everything is combined.




Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk in till everything is combined. (can you see this is really super easy to make!?!) Once everything is incorporated add the chocolate chips and give it a good stir!






It should look like this. the lumps are just  from the chocolate chips!



The batter is quite runny so its best to put the batter in a jug or any container that has a spout for easy filling of cupcake liners.
Fill 24 cupcakes and bake!!


Bake for 22 mins at 160 C.
at the 20 min mark check with inserting a toothpick in one cake and if it comes out clean it should be done but if it has any cake stuck to it let it bake for another 2 mins. Take it out from the oven and let it rest on a cooling rack for about 20 mins or till completely cool and not warm to the touch.


While the cupcakes are resting you can go ahead and make your buttercream!


cream your room temperature butter for 3-5 mins on high speed (kitchen aid no. 5 or 6) until fluffy and pale.









Add your sifted powdered sugar in two sets. then mix till incorporated. then add 3 tablespoons of milk. whisk til fluffy.





lastly, add your melted chocolate.

whisk for about a minute.








it should look like this:

stiff and creamy (sorry bout the sofa we were on going a general clean up hence the messy kitchen!)


Place the butter cream in a piping bag with any tip you like (since this buttercream is stiff and very pipeable) pipe it on top of your cupcakes and get creative!




go one step ahead and drizzle some melted chocolate for a more appetising cupcake! And there you have it! Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe! Hope you find success in this recipe as I have and let me know if you've tried it!!

Sorry if I haven't been blogging lately. I have stopped baking for a bit in the past months because my kitchen had a major make over. I'll try and post what it looks like now when I get a good photo. Really love my kitchen now as its spacious and easy to clean!!
That's all for now! Have a great week ahead!
x





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.