Everyday I'm Wafflin'!

Ola everyone!!

Back in the homeland and i'm so glad to be back! I immediately indulged into a McDonald's double cheeseburger when I got back. Oh transfat, you are gooood!

But now, once all cravings have been fulfilled, I decided to get my cooking on and  if you guys follow me on instagram you probably know I have been hooked with waffles! To my frustration, finding the perfect recipe has been a struggle, but I've narrowed everything down to a decent and delectable waffle recipe!

You'll be needing:

250g All Purpose Flour

9g Baking Powder

7g Salt

50g Sugar

2 large eggs

230ml Milk

45g Melted Unsalted Butter

1 tablespoon Vanilla

Waffle Maker for Cooking!

First up, turn on your waffle mixer! It has to be really hot when you start making your waffles!





then melt your butter in a pan or in the microwave and let it cool til it cools to room temperature.


In a bowl, Mix all your dry ingredients. Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar and Salt.
I'm using half brown sugar and white sugar just because I like the taste of brown sugar plus I'm using my all time fave Pink Himalayan Salt just because I've missed it!

whisk all the dry ingredients so they will mix equally once the liquids are added.

In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs, vanilla and butter.






you can obviously make this in one bowl, but I don't mind the extra clean up. :)








Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients or add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. It really doesn't matter as long as the whole batter mixture fits in one bowl!

Add Milk and whisk til there are no lumps!


Now the no lumps vs. lumps waffle issue has been going on forever. Like any kind of batter, I stand firmly with the no lumps. People argue that the lumps create an air pocket for  your waffles so it makes them more light. I call this a load of sugar cray cray madness!



If you see lumps in your batter its probably, or i'm pretty sure they are undissolved clumped up flour! So whisk my friends! Whisk those lumps away!


My waffle maker is a standard normal one, you can always get a square one which is a belgian waffle maker. Anything that makes you happy!

My waffle maker takes two full ladles to fill it up perfectly. This is a runny batter so you have to know how much batter your waffle maker can take so it won't spill when you close the top.

So if its your first time, accept that you'll be having maybe one or two waffles that look weird!



Cooking time is from 3-5 mins. depending how toasted you like your waffle. I go for about 3 and a half minutes. Heaps of steam will be blasting from your waffle maker which means its still cooking, once the steam has lessened or there are hardly any visible steam left then you know its cooked!





















Place your waffles on a wire rack so air can go through it and the waffles won't get soggy and a bit crispy!



or you can serve right out of the waffle maker!




And have it anyway you like it! :)


This recipe make 6 sumptuous waffles!

Have it with ice cream, butter, maple syrup, nuttela, jam...! its your choice!

Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe!!

Happy eating!! :D

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.