First Impressions

Good day everyone!

its been ages since i got hold of something to type on properly hence the very late review. My post impression is all about a thursday dinner at Impressions at Maxims Hotel in Pasay.




This was a hell of a week, as it was my sister Hanz' birthday weekend, 
(Happy Birthday Hanz! one of my favorite partners in
food tripping hehe)
but little did i know that the weekend literally translated to a medieval-feast-for-kings-weekend. By sunday, we were waving our flags of retreat! 

It was kind of funny how we rounded up to eat for an early dinner celebration here at Impressions. I slept over my sisters condo (which is like 10 cartwheels plus an egg roll away from resorts world hah!) and after eating dinner we were all craving for sweets (my sister Nez, is one big sweet tooth, even bigger than mine!) So we decided to go to Maxims. Alvin was also with us, saying that he has eaten at a restaurant in the hotel and had awesome desserts. My sister was already good for the gelato but he insisted and asked the people working at Cafe Maxims and said theres a restaurant upstairs so we checked it out. We were welcomed by hanged ducks to we all knew that heeeelll no there aint none a good desserts there that could satisfy our chocolate craving! My sister and I were even joking that what dessert did you have? grass jelly our an awesome pandan gooey dessert with tapioca balls (of course add the sarcastic tone as we both dislike those kind of jelly asian desserts!). It was hysterical! But then I remembered about Impressions, we went up a flight and Alvin said it was there where he ate, and he even tried to get in there but was refused cause he was wearing flip flops! To add the comedy again I said I knew he wouldnt be allowed to go in cause obviously it was straight up fine dining. And thats where we got the idea to eat at Impressions for Hanz birthday! 

Back to thursday's dinner, which was intentionally the ONLY dinner we would have for the whole weekend birthday bash extravaganza, we headed to the top floor of Maxims, and boy, we were so early! We definitely planned to be on time but on time in the food world really means on time. No more no less. We were there I think 10 minutes early so we were kindly seated and given menus. 

I was quite in the know for years about impressions from many friends and Chef Cyrille Soenen is quite a known name in the Culinary circuit here so I was all ready that I'd be eating some quality food. And I was not disappointed.


When the time came to get out orders (which was really 6pm spot on I think) we all did the necessary choosing, making sure no one gets the same order (which my family is accustomed to since we like sharing our food to each other so we can all have a nibble) and the wait was on. It didnt take very long til an amuse bouche popped on the table..


Now, I apologise at this point as I sincerely forgot all the names, So let me struggle in remembering and  trying to explain everything that we ate.

Me and my sisters didnt hear the server when he was explaining it. So we just went on and dug in. I cant remember the pink strips but im sure the fruit was the likes of pineapple. Though i had my doubts if this was really a palette cleanser. It was fair.




and then the Carpaccio of Lamb loin came to our table. I cant tell you how much I loved this. Everyone loved it. I wanted more! Complimented with the peppery taste of arugula, deep and creamy goats cheese and truffle honey and balsamic! Everything on the plate were ingredients I just love even to the very last crouton!



I had very little of this scallop dish as I was still going on with our carpaccio. It would make me sound bias but i just don't like foamy food. For me it doesn't look appetising, but the flavours of this dish were superb!

Entrees:

All of our entrees were sublime, i dont think it needs to be explained. Just trust me that they are worth ordering! All of us enjoyed our dishes and all of us tasted each others dishes and I tell you I like each and everyone of them!




This was my entree. Lamb rack with cabbage and a surprise battered ball with a fig filling and a cute wonton wrapped mushy peas! I think it came with goats cheese and a sauce that I forgot what it was but complimented well with my dish!











Herbed Chicken with gnocchi and asparagus.

I think this was lobster tail with a foamed thermidor sauce? Garnished with sauteed mushrooms and asparagus
DESSERTS!

The Alonso family's favourite part of any meal! and I'm sure we all agree it is a show stopper and sets the tone of your whole meal. No pressure to the chefs!

Chocolate Sampler. Who wouldnt be tempted to eat a grandeur plate of all good quality chocolate desserts!? Everything was rich and creamy and just all in all delish! But the star of the plate was the Molten Lava Cake. it was truly sublime! Wish it was bigger!!

And lastly this sorta mille feuille with ice cream and piped ganache. with all kinds of chocolate rocks and salted caramels dusted on the plate. The ice creams were just fabulous! It was really a great way to end the meal!


Feeling so full, the complimentary whoop ass cake came out for Hanz, and atleast we had something to take home for breakfast!


All in all the experience of eating at Impressions was just incredible. It makes you step back and enjoy the food which was executed well, every part of the dish was great tasting and did not disappoint you at all! Truly crafted by some good chefs! I hope this wont be the last time I eat there as it was truly a grand place to enjoy!

And that concludes my Impressions first impression! 5 stars for the carpaccio alone!


Impressions

Type of cuisine:
French
Ambiance:
Fine Dining
Payment menthods:
Cash, Credit Card (except Diners), Points
 
For reservations:
Call +63 (2) 908 8883
 
Operating hours:
Monday to Saturday 6 PM to 12 MN
Sunday Brunch 11 AM to 3 PM
Sunday Dinner 6 PM to 10 PM
Location:
3F Maxims Hotel
- See more at: http://www.rwmanila.com/restaurants/impressions#sthash.MUgzJQRp.dpuf

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.