The Yabu Experience

Yesterday, I was with my family and after running around the metro looking for bits and bots for our halloween party, we decided to stay at Robinsons Magnolia Mall and just breathe for awhile and also to let the traffic subside. Traffic was horrible yesterday! everything our father taught us about what roads to go in if traffic and every small street that nobody knows well everyone knew that day! It was horrible. Just because elections are tomorrow, and everyone is on the street! Thankfully not at the malls.



Yabu is one of those restaurants that aren't for those who have no patience. And as bad as it sounds, were not that kind of family. If we see a line, we wont eat there! Even if its the best in town! If there is an emerging line, you wont see our faces in there. But just like my sister said, for food, if its meant to be, its meant to be. And it was a good day for us! First, we finally saw some decors for the party and second, there was no line at Yabu. Which got us thinking.. Is the Yabu craze over?

Now, we all know Yabu is good for one thing. And that thing is Katsu alone. So I didnt bother ordering some side orders like gyoza. As I respect Yabu for giving us more selection, I think its best to just have a 2 page menu that consists of Katsu's. It could've saved them a lot of paper I tell yah!

We ordered the "wagyu"of porks which is the Kurobuta Pork Katsu and Rosu Pork Katsu for comparison.

Now I am easily pleased with Katsu's. Even if thats from Tokyo Tokyo, i would still eat that. I can truly say Yabu brought me and the newbie my sister Nez to a different state of Katsu eating. You came not just for the Katsu, you came for the whole experience.


Once we ordered. Sesame seeds in a mortar and pestle came

 and as the newbie was educated on what to do with it and explained other condiments on the table. I wont go detail by detail on it, I'll guess you'd get it by the pictures I'll post.




















Thanks to my sister Nez and first time Yabu eater for being my model for this portion! haha


The whole making your katsu sauce procedure is great not only for adults but for kids too! I'm sure it would get them all giddy and start grinding away the sesame seeds! It is also my favourite part. Just because once you start to grind the seeds, the crackle and pop of the sesame would immediately give you the aroma. The roasted, nutty aroma of it will really get your appetite in a swirl!

Not long enough our orders came in. 
All our katsu's came with Miso Soup, Pickles, Rice, Shredded Cabbage and Fruits. Which all of them are unlimited refill. Wish the Katsu was too!

Japanese Rice
Pickles

Our Katsu's looked so delicious!

Rosu Pork Katsu
Kurobuta Pork Katsu

Kurobuta Pork is just the high end of Katsu. Once you taste this I'm pretty sure the Katsu's you've tasted before is a far stretch down to memory lane. It's juicy, crispy and melts in your mouth. Pieces of fluffy pork. Now thats something you dont say everyday! I could oust my love for fried chicken and eat this all the time! Its complimented so well with your katsu sauce. Brilliantly thought out.

Dont forget to use your condiments for your cabbage.



The most liked sauce is Goma. which is really good I may add. If you are into something spicier, try the wasabi sauce or for a salad feel try the sesame oil and lemon vinaigrette. but I tell you Goma is the way to go!

numerous refills of Miso soup, rice and cabbage later. we were all stuffed. Happy tummies, happy faces. And we had to admit a couple of months back Alvin did say Yabu was a great restaurant to try out. Even if we weren't there when the trend was on a high roll, I can still say the Yabu craze isn't over! After we ate, the line started to grow long. I guess people will never get tired of it because our love for fried food and anything "unlimited" will never die.

Also the servers were so kind and attend to us so brightly. with their ways of customer service like saying "my pleasure"and "certainly"instead of the generic "okay, mam" "for a while". It just says something good about Yabu. Customer Service plus Great food. Its rare to get something soo great in one place.

I give Yabu 5 stars!! Everything was consistent. And hope it will continue forever!

I'd also like to give a shout out to my good friend Karmela, for treating me to my first Yabu experience. Thank you dorsy! :)



Have a great week ahead guys!
xx


Yabu
First come, first served basis.

1/F SM North Edsa, The Block

2/F SM Megamall

2nd Level SM Mall of Asia

LG Flr. Robinsons Magnolia




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.