Quick Trip to Jozu Kin

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!

Here's a quick review from a quick trip to Jozu Kin. After being I think 11th on the waiting list on Wrong Ramen and missed the opportunity to get a fan photo from Phil Younghusband (we passed him walking in burgos, i didnt see him as I wasnt wearing any glasses, it was too late then to get a photo when my sister told me it was him!), we swiftly hopped our devastation to Jozu Kin.

Now, I do think I have eaten here back in 2011, but never had I have fond memories about it. But to refreshen that memory and maybe gain fondness, I did agree to have dinner here since we were gaining an appetite.

inside was a decent place, too dark for my preference though, very comfortable seating. So we placed our orders and started talking about the movie we watched. I'd just like to say this was the first time I did not read about a movie I was going to watch and it did not pay to my favour! I was having nightmares that night, just cause I scare easily. We watched Passion by Rachel McAdams. Yes suspense-thriller movies give me nightmares!

Anyway, back to the food. An amuse bouche first came up. Which was not to my liking.

Amuse Kani Salad

Just because I don't like cucumber. As i told my sister, I am convinced that cucumber is the work of the devil! Haha! But it was a simple amuse, shredded Kani on top of a cucumber slice.

Next came our rolls..
Ushi Ebi Tempura Crunchy Roll with Teriyaki Drizzle

Spider Roll
The Ushi Ebi Tempura Crunchy Roll with Teriyaki Drizzle was nice but I have had better to be honest.

Spider rolls are one of my favorites ever! Just because its like eating crab without the labor of getting it out of the shell! I was quite disappointed with their version as  I couldn't get any crab out of it! it was like 10 percent nori, 85 percent japanese rice and 5 percent crab. My heart weeped. I was looking so forward to it. 

Then came the gyoza, ramen and tonkatsu..


Gyoza

Tonkatsu

Gomoku Ramen

All was fair. Gyoza was too big for our tables liking and the katsu and ramen, well, if you have eaten at the best ramen and katsu places its a far cry. And standards now are pretty high.

Lastly our follow up order came in. 
Dynamite Roll


Its a spicy tuna roll that had a very interesting spin. Just because the tuna didn't taste fresh as it can possibly be and it was murdered to look like a chow mix. This wasn't anyones favorite. And hope they could improve the flavor.

I suddenly remembered mum was making Biryani for dinner so once everything was payed we quickly left as well.

Yes, there were a lot of issues with our food but i don't totally abhor them. They have so much more to offer and hopefully when I come back they can redeem themselves. Maybe for now you can stick with the teppanyaki. Cause when in doubt the beef will come out!

I rate it 2 and a half stars.

Enjoy your Half Weeksary guys! wink wink!



Jozu KinBurgos Circle

Forbes Town Center, Burgos CircleFort Bonifacio, Taguig(02) 403-1875








all photos from (c) Jec Calalang via iPhone

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.