It's The Sugar Chase

March 12, 2015
Hello everyone!!

I guess y'all are amazed as this will be my 3rd entry in a month! One for the books for me.

As you all know I do have a proper job (lol) that I am so proud of, its like a baby to me. It's all I think about! So I had one of my friends to have a little "photoshoot" for some of the pastries I usually do. I was amazed how the photos came out! They were amazing. It's something I've never seen. Well maybe I have seen but nothing thats mine. It's so surreal to see something you created in other peoples eyes, and the photos I'll be showing you are proof of my theory.

If you are from Metro Manila, all of these products you'll see are all available for purchase! So if you are interested to munch on these sweeties just drop me an email or comment here or you can go ahead and just contact sugarchaseph@gmail.com



All of these photos were captured by my friend of 8 years, DJ Garcia. I cant believe he still isnt a pro! (or maybe he is and I'm the one only paying him with cookies hahaha!) Thanks DJ!

So here it goes! Hope you guys will love it as much as I do! Have a great day ahead!




Mini Victoria Sandwiches

My love affair for British Pastries has been going on eversince I could remember! It's harder to replicate British cakes and pastries here just because we lack the freshness of milk and butter here in the Philippines. However I do have a lot of pride in my Victoria Sandwiches as its as close as I can get hitting home. I'm glad that people who have been ordering this has been giving good feedback. One of my must try pastries to date!
Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I have shared with you all my recipe for these cookies and hope you all have found success with it as I did! I developed the recipe 2 years ago and never looked back. These cookies has always warmed my heart with all the people just raving about it. How could you resist a cookie with just one generous bite you get semi sweet chocolate chips melting in your mouth balanced with a cookie dough thats baked to the right softness with a cut of sea salt playing in your mouth to balance out the sweet? Just a little note to everyone when you buy/ bake these. Make sure to eat them hot. The experience is so much different! Chug it down with a glass of milk! Perfection.


My passion for macarons have been on and off just because its been so long how I'd be so frustrated how I couldnt perfect a batch. A couple of years after practicing and practicing, I am pretty proud of what I am achieving today! Everything about Macarons I just totally adore. And each and every Macaron I make I do it with love and with happiness (bakers truth!) They arent just pretty to the sight, they are truly delectable to eat. I couldnt disagree with the world naming this pastry a classic. Not everyone vastly appreciates the hard work one has to put into making these but its totally worth it when someone bites into one and enjoys the experience.





Well thats it everybody! Hope you enjoyed this post. Sweets to me are the reason why I go into a nostalgia! I've been lucky to experience that in unexpected places and really feeling the connection with food. It has always been the thing I love and I am blessed to be doing what I love everyday.

 I'll leave you with a quote from the movie The Hundred Foot Journey, "Food is memories."
x



All photos are owned by DJ Garcia. Was given permission to the Sugar Chase Bakeshop, foodfulglory.com and Franz Alonso to use these photos.
http://www.congress.gov.ph/download/ra_10/RA08293.pdf
Intellectual Property of DJ Garcia do not use/replicate without permission.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.