Breakfast at Chuntug Road

Good Morning!

It's nice to get a breather and an actual clean and green, feels like menthol kind of breather! A recent movie has made my chilly retreat into a hipster's heartbroken emo tourist place, however! There are a few places up my sleeve that havent been touched which will never be revealed by yours truly. But to add to the drama, the place I'm reviewing today is the place where the movie had their breakfast and I do favour this decision.




It was my first time ever to drive up to Baguio. Yes. Just me driving and it was calming, though 4 hours in i could feel my eyes straining just because i had no sleep. But I made it! Despite how crappy of a driver I am, I made it up without a single scratch!  As soon as we got there we headed directly to Cafe by the Ruins. And started the day with a hefty breakfast.

Google helped us a lot with finding the place. We got there on one round about try.

clearly not the best picture of the entrance you'll find on the internet!
Think franz, think. There isnt much to say about the place as the food was good and a nice place to lounge about. Was not really swept off my feet in terms of service but at this point of my reviewing years, I hardly expect anything from anyone and I'm just grateful for every plate thats served to me. I will however recommend the Sagada Rice just because of that mushroom goodness incased in that wonton wrapper! That was the highlight of our meal..


And my Cafe Mocha. The three elements of my good breakfast experience: Good coffee, an over easy egg and steaming hot rice (which ironically are the three things that fail epically at times in my experience). I can be a bread and butter girl but nothing puts a smile on my face in the morning more than the aroma of fried garlic and the breeze of the steam from perfectly cooked rice! Oh how asian of me.

Sagada Rice

The Tinapang Bangus got us all in shock as the portion was huge! 1 whole fish! Never have I seen this portion for a one person meal for this kind of entree! Amazing.







Tapa




Ruins Longganisa

Its really hard to find a flaw in breakfast. And there really shouldnt be a reason to start the day moaning how they spilled vinegar all over my rice.. you just squint the sourness away and chug your coffee and start the day awesome!

Over all its worth a visit when you're in town!


Cafe By The Ruins
25 Chuntug Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet Philippines
+63744424010
7:00am-9:00pm

2 comments:

  1. wanted to go there but decided not to, now i'm regretting! haha! next time, i hope we'd all be together (you, me, vic and dj) having our breakfast in baguio! :D

    good post as usual! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have high hopes that the universe will conspire and will let that happen before we all turn thirty! haha thanks karmela! x

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.