Not Just For The Early Birds

January 29, 2015
(dont be surprised, all my photos are, yes! captured with my phone again! teehee)

Hello everyone! Hows the year so far? hope nothing embarrassing has happened to you but if so, then take it in mind that the embarrassing jar of yours will fill up quicker leaving you a lot of the latter months embarrassment free!


I dont know why that was relevant... anyways..

Heres the dumdily doo of a restaurant that i found quite interesting over the weekend.


My family and i decided to watch a movie and have dinner at Makati last saturday and my sister brought up the Early Bird Breakfast Club. She said it was Filipino food and more. Heres my deal with Filipino restaurants, when we tend to gravitate to these kinds of restaurants I always order Tapsilog or Tapa(which is Beef marinated in Soy Sauce, honey/sugar, pepper and calamansi at times. I dont know really there are a gazillion versions of it), Sinangag (garlic fried rice) and Itlog (egg). I'm rest assured that Tapa is always on the menu. and I was right there was Tapa! But anyways I agreed and we all headed for dinner there before our movie.

So thoughts.. well to brutally honest, the place was so familiar, everything that I wanted in my house since 2011 like, miniature bird cages, a wall of green with white lamp posts and huge seats with girly patterns maybe chevron or floral. Which isnt a bad thing i guess everyone loves these kinds of things, but I guess it wouldnt stand out if I wanted something new to the eye. Surely the place would remind me of a cupcakery in Los Angeles. Which again, isnt a bad thing.

The bottomline is maybe this year has drawn the line for me liking these kinds of places but why do i have to resist something thats so cute and fluffy? Well my friends, I really dont know. Maybe I'm into the hipster of things again. Bla Bla Bla.. lets just get into the food shall we?

Prices were acceptable as this is in Makati. I still cant get over though that eggs benedict is such a basic thing and it cost 420 flippin pesos!

I recommend this place for the foodies out there! your instagram awaits!

sausage skillet
Dont know why my sister captured it sideways.. It was good! Hipster alert! check out the wood and cast iron plating. I know you wouldnt resist the click!

forget the name but definitely Salpicao!








We mightve just indulged in all the filipino entrees. Next time when I pay a visit i'll get a good selection from the bread area. I was really craving for rice!









Ultimate Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup
Cause who couldnt resist a good cheese sandwich!? No brainer for the hangover! But seriously even the tomato soup was good. I can come back for this!






Another filipino classic, lugaw. or goto. I need to know the difference if these things geez! But this was a hearty meal. I can imagine eating this on a rainy day. Ahh plus the natural light from the windows couldve made this photo more appetising!








And finally my Tapa!! Was refreshing to have like a bellpepper sidings/salsa going on on my plate. Wish the portions of the Main wouldve been bigger. I'm a pretty proportioned eater so my rice to meat ratio should be equal. Considering the rice was in a tall glass I needed more meat! But overall it was a decent meal!






We also had french toast for a semi dessert with 3 sauces. Of course i only ate it with chocolate sauce..












Over all our dinner was pretty good. We rarely get to sit in a restaurant and not complain about things. It was a silent meal full of people who like to grab food from your plate. Yeah, my family is that kind of people. Couldnt help to instafilter the photo i posted on instagram it turned out like this!

I'm telling you! Instagram worthy!

Before we went into the cinemas, of course we grabbed some joe from my favorite place:
I cant stress enough how I can never look at another Cafe Mocha. Toby's estate will always be my go to for some good cuppa joe.

And that concludes my interesting food weekend extravaganza! We happily watched Mortdecai and was able to chow down a tub of white cheddar popcorn.

Johnny Depp is like Bacon to me. Cause really, the question and the answer is Bacon.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.