A Happy Little Place at Benavidez Street

Happy Monday everyone!

Its been quite a weekend. I can really feel the sugar filling the spaces of my muscle tissue in my body! Last night we got another package from my sister from Pennsylvania which she has sent a generous amount of Hershey goodies! So thanks Krista! Thanks for making us all fat and the unruly diabetic mum tempted!

Anyways, this post is not a review, but rather just wanted to share with you guys (if you still don't know where this place is) a very delicious place to eat especially if you want to omit that dim sum craving!

So the family went to Waiying FastFood.



Last week me and Hanz went to the place and the week before that Hanz went there with her friends, so I guess you can call us now frequent customers. Its just because theres one particular dish that keeps us from coming back. But first let me show and tell you about some of the food..



The Menu is pretty straight up. there is also the one in colored but this was the first one they give out. Its also not a fancy restaurant. its an average place with very simple seating. it puts off a vibe of your local carinderia or like Singapore's hawkers in regards to seating. As long as you get a place to sit down. I don't think you wont be picky about the ambience or place as long as the food is good!
We stayed on the dim sum part of the Menu. I think you don't have to go far. Though they serve a lot of rice toppings or noodles with meat. We were there for the dim sum.

I apologize now If I forgot what the name of the dim sums are. I'll sorta describe it and I think if you just ask the servers when you order they might know what you're talking about or show them the picture instead!

So first, you gotta have a beverage. And over the years I have learned to love iced tea. like actually brewed tea served with ice. this is a nice glimpse of it. The first time I went to Singapore was in 2006 I think, and my sister gave us this iced tea, when I tasted it I was in shock it literally tasted like chilled tea! Nothing like the super sweetened iced tea you would normally get here in the Philippines but now the milk tea craze has exploded here so I think you guys would love their Honey Lemon Iced Tea!

Honey Lemon Tea




So we didn't wait long for the food to come in. it came in like there was no end, and no place where else to put the food on our table!

Spare ribs came in first.
Steamed Spare Ribs






Steamed spare ribs and its liquid almost gelatin saucy and shiny covering is too good to miss. accompanied with those salty black beans. always a good way to start the dim sum flow!















Hakaw






Hakaw is always a favourite I guess. Newbies or those who just want to be sure always go for Hakaw. unless you're allergic to shrimp. Nonetheless this shrimp dumpling is so nice! I love a good shrimp dumpling. just a thin layer of the white casing really gives you your moneys worth.













We also ordered this. Its also shrimp. but in a loose sort of rice paper/noodle? casing. It was nice, still loved the Hakaw more than this.

Beef Curry Siomai
Beef Curry Siomai was delicious. I always say, If the curry is good than its a happy place to be. And this was different from all the dim sums we had because it was a fried dumpling. Really nice dish!

Plain Fried Rice








Don't forget the Fried Rice! I love it just because of the Asado Pork mixed in it! Thanks to the girl who served us for adding more asado bits than the usual!




















I forgot what this was called but Hanz says you can get this anywhere in China. (Hanz worked/lived in Shanghai for a couple of years so anything regards to Chinese food I ask her!) Its this pork dumpling and the insides has this seasoned pork with minced vegetables. It was okay. It has that flavor like when you eat coriander raw  mixed with pork. Quite refreshing but also fulfilling.









Congee






Hanz had congee. I wasn't able to taste it. But all of them said it was nice. Century egg was really good too they said.




























This is Tofu High!!

Looooved this Tofu in this meaty broth. Just because the Tofu is so soft but firm and so fresh!! There isnt a hint of fermented soy bean yet. It was sooooooooo good! I wish I could get tofu as that fresh everyday.




















 
Now these little dim sums and pieces of fairy magic is what we keep on coming back for. Its called Hamsoikok. The only way I can describe it is it has a gooey but bread like casing enclosing this meat thats seasoned to perfection! Its a happy place. You have to order this! I recommend it!

I think people always go back here because the food never changed, the place, though looks like it left itself in the 90's still has an appeal thats inviting plus its very affordable! Just look at the prices of the dim sums! I can see myself definitely coming back. I was never a dim sum lover but somethings like Hamsoikok changes you!

Hope you guys had a great weekend! Mama Mary does shower you with a lot blessings, for me  she's given me the chance to eat great food! 

Even if this isnt really a review i give it 5 stars! I love all the food!

Have you tried Waiying? What was your experience? Let me know!! Have a great week ahead!!



Waiying Fast Food

927 Benavidez St. Binondo, Manila



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.