The Not-so iFoodography Palawan Chapter

May 22, 2015





Hello everyone and happy weekend!!

I'd like to share these memories with you lot as I rarely get the chance to travel yet alone travel with some of the best people I have in my life! Last week i braved on an adventure to Palawan and it must''ve been one of the best travels I've done so far!

We graced three cities in Palawan but our mainstay was in El Nido Palawan. I have been to Puerto Princesa and Coron before but El Nido is something different. It was a tiring trip but so worth it!

We catched a plane from Manila going to Puerto Princesa and from there traveled by van going to El Nido. It was a gruesome travel. Six hours on sharp turns, zig zag lanes and bumpy unfinished roads seemed like I was on an airplane that had turbulence for 7 hours. It was something. But once we got there and got to see the Islands every bad experience just vanished. It was breathtaking!!

In El Nido we didnt get to eat around as much as we wanted to as our tour consumed the whole day. We were able to have breakfast at this restaurant just behind the mountain? big form of sediment? rock? haha called Makulay. It was a heavy breakfast and a pleaser as it served great coffee and perfectly cooked eggs, three eggs!

American Breakfast at Makulay. The bread was scrumptious!

after our breakfast we huddled along the beach to get on our boat and started our island hopping! We took the Tour A and C (cause there are 4 tours which is impossible to do in one day!) so A and C claimed to have the best islands, I just said yes to everything!

There were so many hidden and secret beaches, all were majestic! I seriously dont know how to convince all of you to visit El Nido but i assure you I'm a very picky person when it comes to beaches and all of the islands we visited just left me in awe. A great way to show off on Facebook or instagram!

My Cousin Kim showing off this beautiful Island we had lunch at!
3rd Island in we stayed here at Talisay beach (or was this Mantinloc?) it had a great view and clear water what a great view to savour and have a delicious lunch care of our boatmen!

Lunch for the strong! Everything was festive and appealing to the eye! And believe me everything was too damn good! I went in for 2nds and 3rds not gonna lie!





everything was fresh and freshly grilled on our boat! Happy times!

Here are some pics of some islands! My bad i wasnt able to take a picture of everything as I was in a state of my jaw dropping! It felt like a dream!

Of course there were an abundance of selfies! its not everyday you get to take a photo with a beautiful view behind you!

Secret Beach

Big Lagoon








Dont know if this video will give justice but just to give you an idea how amazing the islands look!!









We ended the tour at 7 Commando's Beach and had cocktails by the beach! Truly a great way to go out with a bang!




We went back to the the town proper and had dinner at Habibi restaurant justvbecaise it was one of the few less packed restos beach side and more of a shisha place. but the food was decent but definitely when ordering, ask the serving size! me and cousin ordered two separate meals and tocour surprise it was huge!! we werent stirring any appetite so unfortunately it went into doggie bags but it was a great breakfast!!


Big Plate of Tuna Pasta! I think this can easily feed 4!


We left El Nido in the Morning and stopped over my good friends place at Roxas, we had a bountiful lunch of Prawns and Fish and Spare Rib Adobo to my mistake I have no photo of! Then headed our way to Puerto Princesa.

I could never go to Puerto Princesa without visiting Kalui so we did! Lighting sucks so I didnt attempt in photographing my Fresh Catch Shrimps! Kalui has never failed me. Swarm of tourists eat there so best to place a reservation immediately when visiting!





Before heading to the airport we stopped to get some small mementos for our friends and family then couldnt decide where to have lunch! I just googled a restaurant nearest to the airport and out popped Ka Inato. I wasnt disappointed. My fried spring rolls though took forever to join our chicken inasal and ensaladang talong but your eyes will be distracted from the waiting time as the place was so local and Beautiful! 


Ka Inato Panoramic View of the Restaurant! Breezy!










A great meal to end our trip! It was a lot of fond memories even if this isnt the forst time for me to visit Palawan! Hopefully the next time i'll visit i'd get to stay longer and eat at more restaurants! And finally give more variety to food and culture at Palawan! I'm so thankful that one of my best-est friend is a Palaweno so I really dont have a hard time to go around the City! Plus it always gives me a reason to visit multiple times! Love you EJ!

And thats it! I hope I at least gave  you lot a vibe of what to expect when visiting! It truly worth it!

Have a great weekend everyone! Arrivederci! x

The only souvenir I needed for myself!


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.