Karmela's Favourite

Hello everyone!

Here's a recipe that's dear to me just because I would've never made it if it weren't for the request of my good friend Karmela! She's the number one fan of these bars and finally I have perfected it!

You could not imagine how I'd gone through the process of burning dough, getting a runny lemon filling to making a really dry base. Since Karmela's birthday just passed, this is a shout out recipe post to her! Happy Birthday Karmela! xx

Yes, I'm not the best cutter in the world but bare with me! I was in a rush to get some sleep and didn't fully let these babies rest before cutting. It's like a perfect steak. You have to give it a good time to rest so all the flavours are intact. But I promise you this is a great recipe, Just the right amount of sweet and zing to brighten up anyone's day. A tarty feel, yet with a creamy and buttery crust you would devour!

So you'll be needing:

Crust:

225g Unsalted Butter
1 egg yolk
125g Sugar
2 tbsp All-Purpose Cream or Whipping cream (Nestlé's All- Purpose Cream does the trick perfectly!)
250g All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
 Pinch of Sea Salt

Filling:

Juice of 2 Lemons
Zest of 1 Lemon
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
187g White Refined Sugar
2 tbsp Flour
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 10" Square Pan

Preheat oven to 350deg F. Line Square pan with aluminium foil.

For the crust, combine all ingredients except for the flour and baking powder.





Cream all the ingredients. then add the flour and baking soda.











it should look like this:







Sticky, totally not knead-able.

Looks like a thick paste.








Add the mixture to your pan and spread with a spatula.

Bake for 20 mins.


While the crust is baking, take a clear bowl and just add all the ingredients for the filling and mix until smooth! That easy!

 



Once you take out the crust, just pour in the filling mixture then bake for an additional 20 minutes.


Once taken out do not cut it immediately! Let it rest for half an hour to two hours or overnight for the filling to set.

A day after baked is the best to eat it. The tartness of it is just perfect!

Cut into squares or bars and dust with powdered sugar. Don't go cheap on powdered sugar! The more the better! I love a good lemon bar that when you bite into it you get a cloud when you breathe out while biting it. It's nostalgic! Brings me back to America when I first learnt how to make it! And that's it! Super easy to make, not complicated at all and few ingredients! This recipe makes 24 Lemon bars.


Hope you guys liked the recipe! Let me know if you made it and how it turned out!

For now, I need sleep!
Arrivederci!

xx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.