The Easiest Baked Mac

Hello everyone!! Happy 2014!

I know I've been idle for a whole month but the holidays just went pass so quickly, parties here and there, food to be consumed everywhere and baking non-stop! Next thing I knew it I was watching fireworks and now its 2014!

But not to worry, I guess 2014 will be filled with lots of delicious surprises so lets begin the year right!

On my facebook page I posted a pic of my baked penne pasta so while I was sipping my coffee this morning I said its not right to keep you guys hanging so as promised here it is!

This is quite a fast recipe that doesn't look it was made easy! So I suggest you make this not-so marinara sauce ahead and keep it in the freezer or in the refrigerator depends how long you want it to last, marinara lasts quite long I would say in the freezer for about 3 weeks to a month and in the fridge for about a week and a half.




The not-so Marinara Sauce:

2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 White Onion, diced

2 tbsp Red Wine (Good quality, one you could drink)

about 10-15 pieces of fresh Basil leaves

2 cloves of garlic minced

2 cans of canned tomatoes, (whole ones not the diced)

salt and pepper to taste


On medium heat add the extra virgin olive oil to a sauce pot then add the garlic and onion. Saute until the onion is translucent.


Then add the red wine to deglace the pan. let it bubble first than add the tomatoes. Add 1 1/2 Cups of water than add the fresh basil and let it simmer for 30-45 mins until it reaches a quite runny but rich consistency.

the extra tip: you could add 1 cup of beef stock and 1/2 cup of water for a more meatier taste! Also can alternate it with vegetable stock!
 Add Salt and pepper to taste.

Now I know some like to add carrots for colour and extra depth but i find it too orange when you mix our local carrots with it plus it'll turn out as tomato soup already!

Let it cool before you put it in an air tight container.



Okay here comes the easy part, for 4 people take 2 cups of pasta, I use brown penne pasta, boil it to what the package says usually around 6-8 mins and then drain.

Add a cup or 2 of marinara sauce your call if you like it saucy or just right you will know!

mix the sauce and pasta together thoroughly and place into 4 ramekins.


than on top add mozzarella cheese



broil for 8-10 mins or bake at 400deg F for 8 mins.. and you'll get something like this:

Nice and gooey and rich.
Just drizzle some olive oil before serving and voila! Nice and homey bowl of pasta!


Happy eating guys! And have the best year ahead!!

x

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.